There are four ways to connect your ONN soundbar to tv including HDMI cable, digital optical cable, AUX cable and Bluetooth.
ONN soundbar is an excellent choice to get the best sound quality while enjoying your favorite movies and shows. But, do you know the ways to connect it to your TV if you have recently got a new one.
We, at HomeTechInside, have found out 4 different ways to connect onn soundbar to tv and its really simple unless you want it to mount on your wall.
This article will guide you on how to hook up ONN soundbar to TV including connecting your ONN Soundbar to tv, installation and mounting and the common issues your Soundbar could have and how to fix them.
1. Use HDMI ARC Cable
The most common and easy ways to connect onn soundbar to tv is using an HDMI cable. The ONN provides the required cables with the soundbar to connect it with your TV.
Here’s how you can connect an HDMI cable to the soundbar and the TV:
- Connect one end of the HDMI cable to the HDMI IN port on the your ONN Soundbar.
- Connect the other end to your TV’s HDMI port.
- Go to your TV audio settings and select HDMI or Wired as the sound output option. You can also adjust the sound quality as per your need.
Being a sci-fi movies fan, I prefer using the movie sound mode for
If you don’t want to connect your ONN TV with an HDMI cable, you can use the other ways provided below in this guide.
2. Use Digital Optical Cable Connection
The second way to connect your ONN soundbar to your TV is using a digital optical cable and thanks to ONN that the cable is included in the box.
Here’s how to connect using an optical cable;
- Locate the optical cable port on your soundbar and the TV.
- Connect on end of the optical cable to the soundbar’s optical port and the other end to the TV’s optical port.
- Go to your TV’s audio settings and select Optical cable as audio output.
If your optical cable is misplaced or lost, you can easily get a 3.5mm optical cable from various marketplaces.
You also have an option to connect your ONN soundbar with bluetooth.
3. Connect Using Bluetooth
Connecting your ONN soundbar using the wireless Bluetooth connection is the third way to connect your ONN soundbar with your TV.
Before you start connecting your soundbar and TV, make sure to turn on the Bluetooth connectivity on both the devices and placed them within 1-meter distance.
Follow the below steps to connect ONN soundbar using bluetooth:
- Look for the blue LED blinking light on the soundbar indicating the device is in Bluetooth pairing mode.
- Go to your TV Settings and look for the list of discovered bluetooth devices.
- Choose your ONN Soundbar, maybe labeled as ONN 36 5.1 Soundbar.
- Select the Connect option to connect your TV to the Onn Soundbar.
- Once connected, the Blue LED indicator light on ONN soundbar will stop blinking.
Note: If the distance between the soundbar and the TV is too large, the Soundbar and the TV might not discover the Bluetooth device for connection.
4. Use RCA Stereo Audio Cable/AUX Cable
Using an AUX cable to connect your ONN Soundbar to your TV is the fourth and last way to connect ONN soundbar to tv. Here’s how you can do this:
- Get an AUX cable, usually provided in the ONN soundbar box.
- Find the AUX port on both your TV and the Soundbar.
- Put in one end of the AUX cable into the TV’s AUX port and the other end to the soundbar’s AUX port.
- Go to your TV’s settings menu and select AUX cable as the audio output source.
- Enjoy the superior audio quality from your ONN Soundbar.
What are the Components Your Get With an ONN Soundbar?
We bought a 30″ 120W, 2.0 Channel ONN Soundbar with Bluetooth mode for our testing and here are the things we received with the package.
- The ONN Soundbar itself: A 30″ 120W, 2.0 Channel Soundbar with Bluetooth mode, available in black color. It has two internal speakers and an integrated sub-woofer for enhanced bass.
- Adapter For Conneting it to the Power Source: An AC adapter power cable, 5 inches in length, for powering the soundbar.
- Connectivity Options: The box includes one optical cable connection, a 13.5mm AUX connector, and one line-In. The soundbar also supports wireless Bluetooth streaming technology.
- Remote Control & Batteries: An easy-to-use remote control to manage the soundbar’s settings from a distance. The package also includes a pair of battery for the remote control.
- Cables: You get three cables for connectivity – a 6-foot RCA cable, a 6-foot AUX cable, and a 6-foot power cable.
- Mounting Accessories: The package also includes a template sheet for easy wall mounting of the soundbar.
- User Guidance: A quick-start guide and a user manual are included to help you set up and use the soundbar effectively.
- Sound Modes: The soundbar comes with three different sound modes to suit your preference – Standard, Movie, and Music.
With these components, the ONN Soundbar offers a robust and versatile audio solution for your home entertainment needs.
How To Connect an ONN Soundbar To An Electrical Outlet?
Connecting ONN Soundbar to an electrical outlet is a relatively straightforward process. The ONN soundbars come with AC connectivity and you need to connect one end of the adapter to the AC IN port and the other end of the adapter to the power outlet.
Once the soundbar is connected to the power, press the power button on the soundbar or remote control to switch it ON. You will hear a prompt tone indicating that the device is powered on.
Installing And Wall Mounting Your ONN Soundbar
Installing the ONN Soundbar on the wall involves drilling holes and using screws to securely mount the device. This process requires precision and knowledge about wiring and plumbing to prevent any potential damage to the device or injuries.
Start with drilling two holes parallel to each other on the wall (around 100mm each) and keep a distance of around 58mm between the holes.
Now, attach your soundbar to the wall but avoid over-tightening the screws. You must use an electronic stud finder to determine the wall type before starting the drilling or mounting process.
If you’re not comfortable with this, it’s recommended to hire a professional for the installation.
Remember, the wall must be strong enough to support the weight of the soundbar.
Solid walls such as concrete, brick, or solid wood battens are ideal. Plaster walls, drywall, and lath walls may not be sturdy enough for mounting the Soundbars.
Common ONN Soundbar Issues & How To Fix Them!
There could be several issues that you can have with your ONN sound bar but we found the 3 most common issues that users have faced so far.
No Sound Coming from the Soundbar
Sometimes, you may have a situation where there would be no sound coming out of the sound bar and this situation arises due to a bad connection.
So, if you are having this problem, make sure that your sound bar cable is connected to the right port.
If you have connected your ONN soundbar using Bluetooth, check whether it is in the range. If its not connected, move your device closer and reconnect it.
Also, check your ONN soundbar instruction manual that is provided to you in the box to address any connectivity issues.
Soundbar is Off But The Sound is Playing
If your soundbar is off but the music is still playing, make sure to check the energy saving settings.
Sometimes, the ONN soundbar shuts down when it is power saving mode to save power. Adjust the power settings to prevent this issue from happening again.
The Soundbar’s Sound is Not Good As Your TV
Even though you are using a high end soundbar, if the connections between the TV and the soundbar is not perfect, you won’t get the sound quality as per your expectation.
If you are facing this issue with your ONN soundbar, check the RCA stereo audio cable, optical connection or the HDMI cable, whatever you are using to connect it with your TV, are correctly attached to both the devices.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the best way to connect the ONN Soundbar to a TV?
The best way to connect your ONN sound bar to your TV depends upon your preferred choice. I have connected my ONN soundbar using an HDMI arc cable but it can also be connected using Bluetooth, Optical and AUX cable.
Can I Connect My ONN Soundbar to TV Wirelessly?
You can connect your ONN soundbar to your TV wirelessly using Bluetooth and we have already provided a complete step by step process on how to do this in this blog post.
Why is My ONN Soundbar Not Working on Bluetooth Mode?
If your ONN sound bar is not working in bluetooth mode, check if its muted. If you find that the sound is not muted, go to the audio settings on your TV, and set the right sound mode.
Does connecting soundbar with AUX downgrade the Sound Quality?
During our research, we found that connecting the soundbar with AUX had some sound quality issues and therefore, I would recommend you to connect your ONN soundbar to TV using an HDMI cable for best sound quality.
How do I connect my soundbar to my TV without HDMI ARC?
You can use other connectivity methods such as Bluetooth, AUX cable or a digital optical cable connection.
Is onn soundbar compatible with Roku TV?
Yes, the Onn sound bar is compatible with Roku TV and is designed to add high-quality sound and powerful streaming to your TV and works well with Roku TVs.
However, it’s important to note that some users have reported difficulties when trying to connect their Onn sound bar to a Roku TV, especially if the sound bar doesn’t have an HDMI port on the back.
Connecting your ONN Soundbar to your TV offers various options to enhance your audio experience while watching movies or TV shows. The HDMI ARC cable, digital optical cable, AUX cable, and Bluetooth provide versatile connectivity choices to suit different preferences and setups.
By following the step-by-step instructions provided in this guide, you can seamlessly connect your ONN Soundbar to your TV, ensuring optimal audio quality. Whether you choose the simplicity of HDMI, the flexibility of Bluetooth, or the reliability of digital optical or AUX connections, the goal is to enhance your home entertainment system.
Additionally, we discussed the components that come with an ONN Soundbar, steps for connecting to an electrical outlet, and even touched on wall mounting for those looking to optimize their space. Addressing common issues such as no sound, power-saving mode, or sound quality concerns provides troubleshooting tips to ensure a smooth and enjoyable audio experience.
Remember, the key is to choose the connection method that suits your TV and personal preferences, allowing you to unlock the full potential of your ONN Soundbar for an immersive audio experience.